Technical Manager Roofing
From RANZ Supplier Associate Member, Steel & Tube:
With a national network of branches and distribution centres, Steel & Tube engages in markets and projects across infrastructure, construction (commercial and residential), heavy and light engineering, energy, manufacturing, viticulture, and rural sectors.
Steel & Tube have experienced exponential growth, and are looking for a Technical Manager to join our team! This is a variety-packed role, your technical product expertise will support and lead innovation to develop NZ’s leading range of roofing products.
Working in conjunction with our sales and manufacturing teams, this role focuses on ensuring our architectural and design customers are fully aware of the superior technical strengths & aesthetic elements of our roofing products.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the development through to production of leading-edge roofing products. This covers all innovation aspects through research, design, business case, production feasibility, marketing and production
- Drive the capability of the Sales team – by ensuring that they are well versed in the technical details of the S&T product range and have access to tools and materials to confidently sell the full range of roofing products
- Manage day-to-day technical enquiries and product testing for quality assurance
- Work closely with all levels of stakeholders including Marketing to provide a range of collateral that’s both engaging while also managing legal risk
This position will be responsible for providing quality technical support and leading innovation expertise, to create a winning brand proposition for the Roofing division. It will work most closely to develop NZs leading range and promote this through:
- Our Customers
- Our Sales functions (internal & external)
- Others e.g. main contractors, territorial authorities, merchants, end users
This unique role will see you guiding the development and content of all Roofing technical marketing collateral – and working closely with key stakeholders such as legal, marketing and QSHET to provide a range of collateral that engages customers – additionally, you will have input and provide guidance around Product development, improvements and of course…..innovation!
Experience and skillset requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience within the roofing/construction industry
- Ability to read and interpret complex construction drawings and technical specifications
- Understand the quantity surveying (QS) process
- Strong technical knowledge and aptitude - basic understanding of CAD design packages
- Understanding of the commercial tender and construction process
- Sound problem solving and logical thinking skills
- Ability to succinctly translate ‘the complex’ into ‘the understandable’ for staff and customers at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills and desire to grow beneficial relationships
- A keen interest in both commercial and residential construction sectors and a strong desire to continuously learn
Steel & Tube is committed to attracting, developing and retaining talented team members with different backgrounds, perspectives, and strengths. The more inclusive we are, the better outcomes we will create.